Re: Oracle WebServer: Multivalued Parameters

From: Jim Richards <jimr_at_aone.net.au>
Date: 1996/11/12

In article <55veq2$8q6_at_forged.passport.ca>, tlung_at_greedo.partnersweb.com says...

>The Oracle WebServer docs touched on this subject a bit, but not to enough
>detail for me to understnad properly, so maybe somebody out there can
>help me out. It's about passing multivalued parameters from one form field.
>
>I have an HTML form that asks something like "What products do you want
>to search for?" The user can type in something like "product1 product2
>product3 etc..." and then press the Submit button.

What you are asking here looks more like a single line for input rather then three different lines.

>After submitting, I need the PL/SQL program to generate code that is
>something like this:
>
>select * from table
>where product like '%product1%'
> or product like '%product2%'
> or product like '%product3%'
> etc...

If you want all the data entered into one line then you will need to write a parser that will break up the data by the spaces and generate a table for the products.

If you let the user enter the data in different fields, then you need to have input types like

	<input type="text" name="product_list" width=50>
	<input type="text" name="product_list" width=50>
	<input type="text" name="product_list" width=50>

And then the procedure that takes these in will need an argument of a list type with the default being an empty list. Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message