Re: NT and Designer/2000

From: Senthil Velayudham <senthil_at_ti.com>
Date: 1996/11/12

Anupam Sanyal wrote:

> Sridhar Subramaniam wrote:
> >
> > David Perez wrote:
> > > I've found that when running Designer/2000 or Developer/2000 under NT
> > > 3.51 that it helps to have the "Use Separate Memory Space" property
> > > checked.
> > where do you get this option of setting "Use Separate Memory Space"?
> > TIA
> > Cheers

> > Sridhar Subramaniam
> --------------
>
> Sridhar, I am almost sure David is referring to the 'Run in Separate
> Memory Space' option in the property box of the startup icons you have
> in your program group.
>
> HTH
> Anupam
> The Centre for GIS, Qatar

"Use Seperate Memory space" is enabled only for regularly hanging or crashing applications. I dont think Designer or Devloper hangs so often. If Speed is what you are concerned about, then click the "Foreground and Background" option from your ControlPanel->Tasking option. This really makes a difference. Also If you have enough hard disk to spare, set your virtual memory to (RAM + 12). But again this will show up in your hard disk as pagefile.sys. But this too helps to a certain extent.

Hit me, if you have already tried this or know this.

Regards

Senthil Velayudham
TI Received on Tue Nov 12 1996 - 00:00:00 CET

Original text of this message