Re: Oracle WebServer: Multivalued Parameters

From: Rashid Karimov <rashid_at_rk.wbs.com>
Date: 1996/11/13

	If you have ORACLE Webserver 2.* installed , take
	a look at www_dba.OWAEXT_DEMO_LIST1 procedure.
	It's pretty straightforward and selfexplanatory.

	It's never a good choice to allow user to type in
	what will be used as a search criteria when amount
	of choices is limited so it can be managed as a list
	(with multiple choices allowed in this case).

	Rashid.

Terry Lung (tlung_at_greedo.partnersweb.com) wrote:

: The Oracle WebServer docs touched on this subject a bit, but not to enough
: detail for me to understnad properly, so maybe somebody out there can
: help me out. It's about passing multivalued parameters from one form field.

: I have an HTML form that asks something like "What products do you want
: to search for?" The user can type in something like "product1 product2
: product3 etc..." and then press the Submit button.

: After submitting, I need the PL/SQL program to generate code that is
: something like this:

: select * from table
: where product like '%product1%'
: or product like '%product2%'
: or product like '%product3%'
: etc...

: Can somebody help me figure out how to do this please? Thanks...

: || || Terry Lung
: \\()//
: //(__)\\ tlung_at_greedo.partnersweb.com
: || || http://www.rand.com/tlung/

--

               Beyond the horizon of the place we lived when we were young
               In the world of magnets and miracles
               Our thoughts strayed constantly and without boundary
               The ringing of the division bell had begun ...
                        -=PF, The Division Bell=-