Re: Connecting to Oracle on NT via JDBC

From: Michael Smolyak <michaels_at_xdb.com>
Date: 1996/10/18

Chris Ash wrote:

> Having just installed Oracle Workgroup server on out NT,
> I am now looking to develop a java front end to a simple database
> for internal use in our company. There doesn't seem to be a great
> deal of documentation on the JDBC at the moment.....anyone know
> of any useful resources that I can pilfer ?
>
> Partiuclarly in the area of JDBC/ODBC connectivity......
>
> My knowledge of this area is shakey to say the least. Do I need to
> obtain specific drivers or the ODBC/JDbc bridge to get this to work
> properly ? In fact while I am at it........what is the JDBC/ODBC
> bridge ?
>
> Thanks in advance....Chris.

Hi, Chris,

You can use JetConnect product which provides you with ODBC, JDBC connectivity form Java as well as the rich set of libraries for building database applications (including data-awara visual controls which make the task of developing database front-end extremely easy).

JetConnect can be obtained from our web site http://www.xdb.com/jet/connect and is free for up to 5 connections to the data source. You will need to obtain Oracle ODBC driver elsewhere (Microsoft, Intersolv, Visigenic just to name a few) and configure it before using JetConnect. Our software comes with the plethora of examples on how to use JetConnect's native API, JDBC and JetControls (the visual library).

Hope that helps.

Michael Smolyak Received on Fri Oct 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message