Connecting to Oracle on NT via JDBC

From: Chris Ash <chrisash_at_foresight.co.uk>
Date: 1996/10/14

Having just installed Oracle Workgroup server on out NT, I am now looking to develop a java front end to a simple database for internal use in our company. There doesn't seem to be a great deal of documentation on the JDBC at the moment.....anyone know of any useful resources that I can pilfer ?

Partiuclarly in the area of JDBC/ODBC connectivity......

My knowledge of this area is shakey to say the least. Do I need to obtain specific drivers or the ODBC/JDbc bridge to get this to work properly ? In fact while I am at it........what is the JDBC/ODBC bridge ?

Thanks in advance....Chris. Received on Mon Oct 14 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message