Re: Good DBA Tools ???

From: Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net>
Date: 1996/10/11

Bob Gagnon wrote:

> KELLEY SCOTT A wrote:
> >
> > In article <325C1A0F.4917_at_ocdis01.tinker.af.mil>, "M.C. Rush" <mrush_at_ocdis01.tinker.af.mil> writes:
> > >Can anyone recommend some good tools for a DBA to use to administer
> > >several databases on different machines.
> > >
> > >The OSs I am concerned with are HPUX 10, Solaris 2.5 and possibly
> > >SCO ODT 3.
> > >
> > >Thanks in advance.
> >
> > I would strongly suggest you look at Oracle Enterprise Manager. This is a very impressive tool.
> > It comes FREE with Oracle 7.3, but you need a Win95 or NT machine to run it on.
> > I saw a demo of it and think that any site could make a lot of use of this tool. And while I work
> > for Oracle I'm consultant, not a sales guy. Besides its free.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Scott Kelley, Oracle Corp. (skelley_at_hsc.hac.com) "Oh! My eye!"
>
> Got to agree, enterprise manager is sweet. I also use platinum desktop
> dba and have tested bradmark's tools oracle has a keeper here!

"RevealNet Oracle Administrator" also deserves a look. Priced from just $179, you will get instant access to over 1,900 topics focused on the day-to-day responsibilities of Oracle DBAs. It is packed with explanations, coding and syntax examples, diagrams and scripts. RevealNet products are designed to help you immediately when you are faced with technical problems - instead of searching through all of the manuals.

You can download "RevealNet Oracle Administration" and try it out free from the RevealNet website (http://www.revealnet.com)

Regards,

Cam White
RevealNet, Inc.
(202) 234-8557 Received on Fri Oct 11 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message