Re: Good DBA Tools ???

From: KELLEY SCOTT A <skelley_at_hsc.hac.com>
Date: 1996/10/10

In article <325C1A0F.4917_at_ocdis01.tinker.af.mil>, "M.C. Rush" <mrush_at_ocdis01.tinker.af.mil> writes:
>Can anyone recommend some good tools for a DBA to use to administer
>several databases on different machines.
>
>The OSs I am concerned with are HPUX 10, Solaris 2.5 and possibly
>SCO ODT 3.
>
>Thanks in advance.

I would strongly suggest you look at Oracle Enterprise Manager. This is a very impressive tool. It comes FREE with Oracle 7.3, but you need a Win95 or NT machine to run it on. I saw a demo of it and think that any site could make a lot of use of this tool. And while I work for Oracle I'm consultant, not a sales guy. Besides its free.

     Thanks,
            Scott Kelley, Oracle Corp. (skelley_at_hsc.hac.com)  "Oh! My eye!"