Re: Forms 4.5 How to query details in master_detail relation?

From: Chris O'Connell <chrisoco_at_icon.co.za>
Date: 1996/10/08

Juan Pon wrote:

> In a master_detail relation, if I query a master block, ALL its
> details are fetched. If I then go to the details block, I can narrow down
> the details by entering another query. But if I scroll down to the next
> master record, once again ALL its details are fetched. How can I fetch
> only those master records containing some specific detail criteria? ...

It may be possible to use :system.last_query and set_block_property   (default_where???) to set the where clause for subsequent detail   blocks. This will have to be done in post_query and pre_query/when_   new_block_instance triggers.

Cheers
Chris Received on Tue Oct 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message