Re: Help !! startup of oracle 7.2.3 at boot time

From: Per Pettersen <perp_at_fdata.no>
Date: 1996/10/07

In article <533s2l$25t_at_omni1.voicenet.com>, chetan_at_voicenet.com says...

>I am having trouble starting up oracle at boot time. I have the dbstart
 script

>in /etc/init.d , but the problem I am having is this.
>
>The dbstart is being run as root at startup time. The dbstart has the
>
>following lines in it.
>connect internal;
>startup;
>
>For this to work, the user who runs dbstart has to be the DBA.
>
>Root is not the DBA on our system instead we have a separate user
>
>called oracle7 assigned as the DBA.
>
>This script fails as it complains that root cannot connect internal.
>
>Any help is appreciated.
>
>thanks in advance, email responses are welcome.
>
>-chetan
>
>chetan_at_voicenet.com

Hey.
root probably isn't defined as a member of the dba group. Do this. Another thing is that I prefer oracle processes to be owned by ORACLE and not by the administrator root.
Petter H. Hansen
petter_at_fdmetd.no Received on Mon Oct 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message