Help !! startup of oracle 7.2.3 at boot time

From: Chetan S. Bhargiri <chetan_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1996/10/04

I am having trouble starting up oracle at boot time. I have the dbstart script

in /etc/init.d , but the problem I am having is this.

The dbstart is being run as root at startup time. The dbstart has the

following lines in it.
connect internal;
startup;

For this to work, the user who runs dbstart has to be the DBA.

Root is not the DBA on our system instead we have a separate user

called oracle7 assigned as the DBA.

This script fails as it complains that root cannot connect internal.

Any help is appreciated.

thanks in advance, email responses are welcome.

-chetan

chetan_at_voicenet.com Received on Fri Oct 04 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message