Re: HELP !! startup of Oracle 7.2.3 at boot time on UNIX

From: Ian Parkin <twod_at_roxy.sfo.com>
Date: 1996/10/05

: The dbstart is being run as root at startup time. The dbstart has the
: following lines in it.
: connect internal;
: startup;

I use the following in my /etc/rc2 file :

  • snip -- su <oracle owner> -c svrmgrl << ! connect internal startup exit !
  • snip --

Because the rc* file as run as root we can use the fact that root when su'ing doesn't have to give a password. We then use the -c flag to start the command that is used to start or shutdown the db - in my case I use svrmgrl - and then use the Unix << (here-to) syntax to issue the required commands.

IAP Received on Sat Oct 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message