Re: ORA-00376 File cannot be read at this time (system tablespace datafile _at_ shutdown)

From: Graeme Leith <graeme.leith_at_gecmf.capital.ge.com>
Date: 1996/09/26

David J DeWolfe <sxdjd_at_orca.alaska.edu> wrote:

> ORA-00604 Error occurred at recursive SQL level 2
> ORA-00376 File 1 cannot be read at this time
> ORA-01110 Data file 1: our *system* tablespace datafile name here!!!

I have experienced this problem with V6 of Oracle. Support said that sometimes the internal memory structure get out of synch with what is in the internal tables. The database could see tables within a tablespace but could not perform create or drop actions on the same tablespace.

Shutting down and re-starting fixed the problem.

Graeme. Received on Thu Sep 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message