Re: Caldera Network Desktop (was:Re: SMP & threads for SQL queries)

From: Atif Ahmad Khan <aak2_at_Ra.MsState.Edu>
Date: 1996/09/24

"H.S. Prasad 4-8398" <hprasad> writes:

>Jost,

>You mentioned that a lot of big shops are running the stable versions of
>linux. Does any body have any information like what is it used for -
>desktops or servers. What kinds of databases are they running on these?
>Obviously not Sybase or Oracle or Informix.

I dont know about others, but we are running SOLID database under Linux. Checkout www.solidtech.com for more information on SOLID.

It came down to a choice between a Solaris box running Oracle and a Linux box and no Oracle. We decided we couldn't do without Linux and dumped Oracle. We now wouldn't use any other OS for our server even if somebody paid us for it. What can I say, we are now Linux addicts. And there is no turning back.

Atif Khan Received on Tue Sep 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message