Re: Executing the contents of a variable as a PL/SQL statement

From: Mark Styles <lambic_at_msn.com>
Date: 1996/09/13

Brian Martin <icbkr_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Anyone come up with a way to execute the contents of a cell yet?
>I'm getting really tired of Pro*C, but I can't find anything in
>the new version regarding meta-variables and the like.

Not sure if this is what you mean, but you can use the dbms_sql package which comes with the procedural option of the database allows you to perform dynamic sql operations. This package is documented in the Oracle7 Server Documentation Addendum. Received on Fri Sep 13 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message