Executing the contents of a variable as a PL/SQL statement

From: Brian Martin <icbkr_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/09/10

Anyone come up with a way to execute the contents of a cell yet? I'm getting really tired of Pro*C, but I can't find anything in the new version regarding meta-variables and the like.

The rest of this is a more detailed explanation, in case I wasn't clear in the first part.

We've got a table composed of DECODE rules. I create a cursor and for each cursor entry, I want to excute the DECODES which are part of the table.

From Pro*C, the concept is easy, but this is something that I've always wanted to be able to do inside Oracle. Received on Tue Sep 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message