Re: RDO, ORACLE, Asynchronous?

From: De Ruy Reinier <reinierd_at_meritgroup.com>
Date: 1996/09/11

I have another problem with RDO and both the INTERSOLV and VISIGENIC 32 BIT Drivers for Oracle.
I can't use any bindvariables (rdoparameters). The problem with those drivers is that they are NOT full level II compliant!
Oracle told me that they will release such a driver within a couple of MONTHS ... Can anybody help me with this?

Reinier De Ruy.
reinierd_at_meritgroup.com

Chris Thornton <thornton_at_kodak.com> wrote in article <01bb9e73$835f9e50$1dd36796_at_cthornton_2>...
> It's interesting that you get this with the Intersolv driver. I won't
> bother with it then. I have this problem with the included Visigenic
 ODBC
> driver.
> I've never heard of anyone being successful with Async query to Oracle.
> Sorry,
>
> --
> Chris Thornton, Eastman Kodak Company
> (All opinions expressed here are my own, and are not neccesarily those of
> my employer.)
>

> Stephane Chiche <Stephane_at_Chiche.com> wrote in article
> <322F5579.427D_at_Chiche.com>...
> > I am using VB4 rdo with Oracle 7.2 Database and Intersolv ODBC 2.11
> >
> > I'm trying to execute a procedure asynchronously so my app can continue

> > doing other things.
> >
> > I'm using prepsts.execute rdAsyncEnable
> >
> > ODBC returns the error message : "Driver not capable"
> >
> > Do I need a new driver? Did anybody successfully execute an Async
 Query?