Re: Pro*C vs SQLPlus script??

From: Danny Roosens <roosens>
Date: 1996/09/11

HI,

I'd say that portablity is a good reason to choose for a PL/SQL BLOCK to handle your tasks.

Just put if over and it works.

For POR*C you have to look at ANSI-C vs other .....

On the other hand I find writing sample reports with dbms_output a pain in the ass, while C (alltough far from great) has more potential, espescially if you want to have

warning and errors and output written to your screen and/or several files.

Danny