Re: Experts only: Extent sizes

From: Antero Elovaara <antero.elovaara_at_tietogroup.com>
Date: 1996/09/11

Axel Schlueter wrote:

> Hi Gurus,
>
> whenever I try to create a table with INITIAL = 16K, Oracle allocates extents
> with 20K. My blocksize is 2K, I got this behaviour on ORACLE 7.1.3 and 7.3.2.
>
> As far as I see, Oracle always allocates multiples of 5 Blocks, but I haven't
> found anything in Oracle's documentation or white papers.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> TIA
>
> Axel Schlueter
>
> schluete_at_informatik.uni-hannover.de

Yes, Oracle allocates always space in multiple of five blocks. I couldn't find it in "official" documentation, but in course material of "Oracle7: DBA Tips and Hints" it is clearly said.

--
Antero Elovaara                  antero.elovaara_at_tietogroup.com
Carelcomp Power Oy

All possible opinions are only mine, not my employer