Re: Anybody using Oracle Objects for OLE 2.0's class library for C++?

From: Frank Magliozzi <Frank_at_comsense.com>
Date: 1996/09/10

Lei Xu wrote:

> We are considering using OO4O 2.0 to access a Oracle 7 database from a
> VC++4.2 program, but there seems to be no article in the group talking
> about it. Anybody know any problem or issue concerned with this kind of
> connectivity? And we 'd also like to get some information on what GUI
> prog tools and controls(especially Grid control) can be used together with
> OO4O (using VC++ not VB though).

Hi,

I'm using OLE2.0 classes with VC++4.1 and have had no significant problems, althougth initially I had to recompile the ORACLM.LIB class library as it was compiled under VC++2.0.
The other problems were :
1. with passing variables of type LPSTR & char with the GetFieldValue dynaset class method.
2. Trapping errors with opening a dynaset.

As to the question of Grid controls, OO40 ships with a panphlet about TrueGrid Pro.

Regards,
Frank Magliozzi Received on Tue Sep 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message