Re: I must be MENTALLY RETARTED. Where is 'sqlplus'? (unix)

From: D. G. Higginbotham <dhiggi_at_aristotle.net>
Date: 1996/09/10

jljoslin_at_cris.com (J L Joslin) wrote:

>On Mon, 09 Sep 1996 14:53:24 GMT, dhiggi_at_aristotle.net (D. G.
>Higginbotham) wrote:

>>jljoslin_at_cris.com (J L Joslin) wrote:

>>>First of all, SQL*Plus is a terminal monitor. It submits SQL queries
>>>to the database server. IT IS NOT A QUERY LANGUAGE! It contains more
>>>than a "few" report formatting commands. Have you ever, in your life,
>>>even read a book on Oracle?

>>>SQL*PLUS is indeed located in $ORACLE_HOME/bin/sqlplus. It is a real
>>>program. You might want to explain just what UFI is. Sounds to me
>>>you're talking about SPUFI for DB2.

>>>How long have you been a DBA anyway? If you don't know, don't post.
>>>It's better to give no information rather than WRONG information.

>>>Jim Joslin
>>I was under the impression that the NG was for people of all skill
>>levels to ask questions and gain knowlege. If the new DBA has
>>questions about anything related to Oracle then he should post as
>>often as he wishes. When I first started supporting Oracle this NG was
>>a lifeline that helped keep my head above water. In other words Jim if
>>you want to flame go somewhere else, if you want to contribute in a
>>positive way please do so.
>>Donnie
>>"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear
>>arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in
>>government." --Thomas Jefferson
>>

>You might want to read the thread again. I object to people giving
>newbies or anyone else for that matter, incorrect answers. Not even
>reasonably close wrong answers. Just plain wrong.

>Telling someone that sqlplus doesn't exist is not helping anyone.
>Telling them that SQL*PLUS is a query language is not helping either.
>If you can't post correct answers, don't post.

>Jim

Please forgive me for my mistake. I did misread your note. I do agree that if you dont know please dont responde. Again I am sorry and will not make the same mistake.
Donnie
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." --Thomas Jefferson Received on Tue Sep 10 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message