Re: I must be MENTALLY RETARTED. Where is 'sqlplus'? (unix)

From: stephen roberts <STEVE_at_chigtow.demon.co.uk>
Date: 1996/09/08

In article <3231b4b3.261659406_at_news.dtc.net>

           wizard_at_mrinc.com "John Matzen" writes:

> First of all, I'm a totaly Oracle newbie.
>
> I just installed Oracle 7 for UnixWare. I did the Server install,
> then the client install.
>
> Nowhere can I find this 'sqlplus' program that is referenced in the
> George Koch and Kevin Loney book, "Oracle, The Complete Reference."
>
> I guess I'm just stupid, could somebody please give me a hint?
>
> Thanks!
>
> John Matzen

        Sqlplus is a query language which contains some report formating commands. The language is used in a variaty of database tools.

Tools that utilise SQL are Forms, Report Writer, and UFI (this is basically a command line interface to oracle). None of the programs associated with these tools are called sqlplus (AFAIK).

        I dont think you'll find an actual program program called sqlplus.

--
steve roberts