Re: SMP & threads for SQL queries

From: Jay Walters <jwalters_at_iohk.com>
Date: 1996/09/04

If this is a "real app" I would suggest using software you have to pay for (sorry Linus, FSF, GNU, ...) at least for the OS and RDBMS. On Intel you can run Windows NT, Solaris, UnixWare, SCO, OS/2 with Sybase, ORACLE, MS SQL (NT only). DB2/2 (OS/2 only). I just read of some smashing results with Sybase on UnixWare and MS SQL on Windows NT. Personally, Sybase on Windows NT works well too. Lots of good choices.

Cheers
Jay Walters