Re: LIST package in Forms 4.5, fact or fiction?

From: Ironmaking Systems Development <dawson.matthew.ms_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/08/30

Tim Nguyen wrote:

> According to the online help in Forms Designer 4.5 (Dev2K v1.2), there
> is a built-in LIST package available. And it took me 1/2 hour and a 10 mins
> phone call to the Oracle Support to find out that LIST package isn't available
> yet on Dev 1.2 . So why the f... do the put it in the online-help for?
>
> Is there a way to create array or list in FORMS ?

I ran into exactly the same problem and as far as I can see there are two possible ways to implement lists in Forms.

The first is to create a record group that is not based on a query. This allows you to add as many rows as you want at runtime, but does not allow you to change the number of columns while the record group contains data.

The other way would be to use global variables to implement list functionality. By using a constant item name prefix and appending a number to this name you could create variables at willl to store any required data. I haven't actually tried this yet but I'm sure I have seen all functions that would be needed to make it work.

Hope that helps, or at least doesn't confuse you too much. :)

Matt. Received on Fri Aug 30 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message