Help! Need advice on WorkGroup memory req.

From: KJ4WH <grpowell_at_gate.net>
Date: 1996/08/27

First, thank you for reading this post.

We are NEW to Oracle and in the process of installing WorkGroup (5 user) for the first time. Currently we are running on Win 3.1 with Novell 3.12. Plans call for upgrading to NT for the server in early 97.

My question is: What kind of memory requirements can we expect for a system running a PowerBuilder 5.0 app, 5 concurrent users and say about only a few hundred transactions per day. PART 2 - say 30 concurrent users and 5,000 transactions per day.

I've been told that Oracle is a RAM hog and am looking for (guess)timates.

If possible please reply to msgrpowe_at_bocc.ci.polk.fl.us

otherwise here is fine. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary Powell
Polk County MIS
Florida Received on Tue Aug 27 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message