Re: ORA-01033 ERROR

From: Dale Cooper <cooper_at_seismo.CSS.GOV>
Date: 1996/08/07

In article <320645A6.1DC2_at_vni.net> Campbell White <Preveal2_at_vni.net> writes:
>Lee Seung Youl wrote:

-> oracle error message
-> ora-01033 error...
-> How can I fix this problem?
->
-> --
-> Electrical Department of SNU........
-> My name is Seoung Youl Lee
-> Good Luck for you.

>The following was extracted from "Instant Messages"
>http://www.revealnet.com
>

> Oracle Product Document Library (C) Oracle Corporation
> Manual: ORACLE 7.1 SERVER CODES Reference: A12379-2
>
> ORA-01033 Oracle startup or shutdown in progress
>
> Cause: An attempt was made to log on while Oracle is being
> started up or shut down.
>
> Action: Wait a few minutes. Then retry the operation.

If you're really clever you could use the oerr utility shipped with the V7 server bundle. It ain't pretty, but it does the trick.

oracle-176: oerr ora 1033
01033, 00000, "ORACLE initialization or shutdown in progress"

// *Cause: An attempt was made to log on while Oracle is being started up
//         or shutdown.
// *Action: Wait a few minutes. Then retry the operation.

Remarkable, eh? That'll be $79.

I accept cash, plastic or vouchers for beer... ;) Received on Wed Aug 07 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message