Re: Embedded SQL + SQL*Net V2

From: Kevin Fries <kelfink_at_ecst.csuchico.edu>
Date: 1996/08/07

In article <32081298.15FF_at_sifu.tiac.net>, Dave Villineau <dave_at_sifu.tiac.net> wrote:
>Hi All -
>
>I am trying to update a program from SQL*Net V1 to SQL*Net V2. How
>do I go about establishing the connection to the listner?
>
>EXEC SQL CONNECT ??????????????
>
>Thanks,
>
>Dave Villineau

Dave,

I presume you know your V2 conection string? Like 'Sales', or 'Production' ?

If your environment is set up, then picking the database to connect to is  done just like it is with SQL*Plus and other tools.

EXEC SQL CONNECT scott_at_Marketing ...

Hope that helps,

Kevin Fries

Kevin Fries                         kelfink_at_ecst.csuchico.edu
CPD/PB, C Developer/DBA  http://www.ecst.csuchico.edu/~kelfink