Re: Mutating Trigger Problem

From: (wrong string) ørn T. Dale <bjordale_at_sn.no>
Date: 1996/08/05

>I have a before update row trigger that needs to be able to SELECT other
>rows from the same table before it allows the insert. We got around this
>in 7.0.16 by creating a view and reading from the view, which worked
>fine. However, we are upgrading to 7.2.2 and it doesn't like this anymore.

This seems odd -- what error code does Oracle 7.2.2 give you?

>I tried changing the row trigger to a statement level trigger and all is
>well except for the fact that I need to be able to get the BEFORE and
>AFTER values of one of the columns being inserted.

You might create a Package containing persistent variables (declared at the topmost level), and then let a row trigger store the new / old values of the columns you needt in these variables. Then you can refer to these variables in your statement level trigger.

Regards,
Bjorn T. Dale Received on Mon Aug 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message