Mutating Trigger Problem

From: <philr_at_ibm.net>
Date: 1996/08/01

Hi

I have a before update row trigger that needs to be able to SELECT other rows from the same table before it allows the insert. We got around this in 7.0.16 by creating a view and reading from the view, which worked fine. However, we are upgrading to 7.2.2 and it doesn't like this anymore.

I tried changing the row trigger to a statement level trigger and all is well except for the fact that I need to be able to get the BEFORE and AFTER values of one of the columns being inserted.

Is there an easy way to get around this? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Phil

philr_at_ibm.net Received on Thu Aug 01 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message