Database performance using 1 user account for multi clients?

From: Korstiaan Kamp <coas_at_coas.knoware.nl>
Date: 1996/07/24

I have some performance problems using an Oracle Database on a HP 9000 if +/- 50 users are connect the oracle database gets very slow although the processor load is only 5-10 percent. All our (delphi) client programs
connect to the server using the same user/password combination.

Has this a (bad?) influence on the Oracle performance??? Would the performance be better when using 50 different user/password combinations??

Can someone help me out??

Korstiaan Kamp Received on Wed Jul 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message