Re: Database performance using 1 user account for multi clients?

From: Bob Morrison <rmorrison_at_cahners.com>
Date: 1996/07/26

Korstiaan Kamp wrote:

> I have some performance problems using an Oracle Database on a HP 9000
> if +/- 50 users are connect the oracle database gets very slow although
> the processor load is only 5-10 percent. All our (delphi) client
> programs
> connect to the server using the same user/password combination.
>
> Has this a (bad?) influence on the Oracle performance???
> Would the performance be better when using 50 different user/password
> combinations??
>
> Can someone help me out??
>
> Korstiaan Kamp

The only real performance issue it may have is that everyone is using the same temporary tablespace. If you had different accounts you could have the flexibility of assigning users to different temporary tablespaces.

Bob Morrison Received on Fri Jul 26 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message