Re: ORA-12154

From: Daniel Sauter <dsauter_at_realia.com>
Date: 1996/07/21

Melisa Mrazik <mmrazik_at_tiger.ctc.citicorp.com> wrote:

>I had a similar problem and Oracle support told me that Oracle Power
>Objects cannot interface with any version of SQL*Net after 2.1.x. As
>soon as I unloaded v 2.2 and installed 2.1, the connection worked fine.

>Hope this helps,
>Melisa

>> Ken Mizuta wrote:

>--
>|Melisa Mrazik, Systems Officer | "I quote others only in |
>|Citicorp, N.A. Westlake, TX | order to better express |
>|melisa.mrazik_at_citicorp.com | myself." -Michel de Montaigne|

I've also received that message. My problem was that the client PC that I was running from didn't have the updated SQLNET.ORA file in the C:\ORAWIN\NETWORK\ADMIN directory, the default directory for the SQL*Net V2 client files. The SQLNET.ORA file is created using the Network Manager program. In my case, the client was still the using default fle supplied by Oracle. I believe the critical line in SQLNET.ORA was "names.default_domain = xxxxx" where xxxx is your domain name. The default is "us.oracle.com" and I was using "world" It seemed a bit strange because I I wasn't even using Oracle Names but when I copied the SQLNET.ORA file that I generated to the client machine, everthing worked fine. Hope this helps.

Daniel Sauter
dsauter_at_realia.com Received on Sun Jul 21 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message