Forms 4.5 Questions

From: Steve Chell <slc_at_stevensons.co.nz>
Date: 1996/07/18

Hi all. I've been using Developer/2000 (Release 1.2 for Windows 3.1) for a couple of months now, and I have a few questions about Forms 4.5:

  1. How can a form identify if it has been called in Query Only mode?
  2. Is it possible to programmatically change a form to Query Only, or can this only be done by CALL_FORM and NEW_FORM. I presume the form must re-invoke itself via NEW_FORM, specifying the QUERY_ONLY parameter.
  3. I'm considering how to implement a security scheme for a multi-form application. It would be good to base this on database roles, since menu module security is based on these. However, I also want the ability to specify that some roles only have QUERY_ONLY access to certain forms (and no access at all to other forms). I don't see any built-in mechanism in forms to handle this, so I presume I have to do it programatically. Any suggestions on the best way of implementing this? (I envisage having a menu module which would invoke the other forms on demand.)
  4. Is it possible to suppress "Count: *0" from displaying at the bottom of the form?
  5. How can a Forms application trap when the user attempts to close the forms MDI window. I want to trap this and then close all open forms, rather than just the current form which seems to be the default behaviour.

Any help much appreciated.

Steve Chell
slc_at_stevensons.co.nz Received on Thu Jul 18 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message