Re: Forms 4.5 Questions

From: <dmoyer_at_gpu.com>
Date: 1996/07/22

In <4sjtrm$6g9_at_xbox.stevensons.co.nz>, slc_at_stevensons.co.nz (Steve Chell) writes:
>Hi all. I've been using Developer/2000 (Release 1.2 for Windows 3.1)
>for a couple of months now, and I have a few questions about
>Forms 4.5:
>
>1. How can a form identify if it has been called in Query Only mode?
>
>2. Is it possible to programmatically change a form to Query Only,
> or can this only be done by CALL_FORM and NEW_FORM. I presume
> the form must re-invoke itself via NEW_FORM, specifying the
> QUERY_ONLY parameter.
>
>3. I'm considering how to implement a security scheme for a
> multi-form application. It would be good to base this on
> database roles, since menu module security is based on these.
> However, I also want the ability to specify that some roles
> only have QUERY_ONLY access to certain forms (and no access at
> all to other forms). I don't see any built-in mechanism in
> forms to handle this, so I presume I have to do it programatically.
> Any suggestions on the best way of implementing this?
> (I envisage having a menu module which would invoke the other
> forms on demand.)
>
>4. Is it possible to suppress "Count: *0" from displaying at the
> bottom of the form?

You could get rid of the entire message bar at the bottom by setting the Form's Console Window Property to "null".

>5. How can a Forms application trap when the user attempts to
> close the forms MDI window. I want to trap this and then close
> all open forms, rather than just the current form which seems to
> be the default behaviour.

There is a good bulletin from Oracle on how to do this with a global and some triggers. The number is 9516423.61.

>Any help much appreciated.
>
>Steve Chell
>slc_at_stevensons.co.nz

D. Scott Moyer, Jr.                        dmoyer_at_gpu.com (preferred for work)
GPU Service Corporation                dsmoyer_at_enter.net (preferred for home)
Reading, PA Received on Mon Jul 22 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message