Re: Oracle 7.2 with Delphi 1.0 is VERY slow. What to do?

From: Jarkko Nikulainen <jarkko.nikulainen_at_hpy.fi>
Date: 1996/07/16

In article <4sdfh0$2mu_at_news2.intrepid.net>, jasonk_at_bibfile.com says...

>An Oracle native driver comes with Delphi 1.0 Client/Server. We use
>this with Oracle 7.2 and its speed is good. Note that you may have
>to change the "vender init" parameter in the BDE for it to find the
>Oracle DLL. Borland calls these native drivers "SQL Links". They
>will install automatically with Delphi C/S if you do a full install.

Thank you Jason for this tip. I found that native driver but I have some difficulties making it work. I have ORA7WIN.DLL as VENDOR INIT parameter.

What should the SERVER NAME parameter in BDE setup be? Is it server's IP address or database alias determined in Oracle SQL Net 2.2. Neither one seems to work. I get ORA-03121 error. What version of SQL Net do you have?

Thanks again! Received on Tue Jul 16 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message