Re: web and databases

From: Bill Tierney <wtierney_at_stanford.edu>
Date: 1996/07/12

> > Anyways, I suggest Sybase. Sybase has a product called web.sql that is for
> > web integration. Also, as a web server, I suggest Netscape Commerce Server,
> > as it has all the security and encryption it appears you desire built in.
>
> I can second that. WebSQL + the Commerce server makes for a very
> well-behaved combination, and has the advantages of being based on
> well-known languages (Perl, SQL)

Ya but..

They only had a sun version for a year... I'm told they'll never have an AIX version ..this after stringing me out for a year..

The NT version is Alpha..

Take a look at:
http://www.sybase.com/products/internet/websql/faq.html#Q2.1

and see what platforms they support..
If you're not running sun ..get use to waiting..