Re: Problem creating a tablespace using Personal Oracle7 trial

From: <joebrown_at_southeast.net>
Date: 1996/07/10

efp_at_etechinc.com (Eric Palmer) wrote:
>On 6 Jul 1996 23:25:38 GMT, fern_at_aa.net (Fernando Luna) wrote:
>>SQL> create tablespace proda datafile 'c:\orawin\plus31\proda.ora';
>>create tablespace proda datafile 'c:\orawin\plus31\proda.ora'
>>*
>>ERROR at line 1:
>>ORA-01119: error in creating database file 'c:\orawin\plus31\proda.ora'
>>ORA-09200: sfccf: error creating file
>>OSD-01002: unable to open file (OS 2)

>Boy I beat my head raw on this one silly - on NT Oracle Workgroups

>You need to specify a size for the file like
>create tablespace proda datafile 'c:\orawin\plus31\proda.ora' size
>10M;
>*** 10M for 10 MegaBytes ***

Yeah, I went nuts over that one too. The reason is because I use on-line documentation *ONLY* and the MS-Windows help file does not mention the size parameter, nor that it's mandatory.

I ended up calling oracle support... Fun, fun, fun.. Only took a half an hour to resovle that ticket.

Then I double checked the help, and no mention of size was to be found....

JoeBrown_at_southeast.net   http://users.southeast.net/~joebrown
Joe Brown              -                  Have a great day!!!