Re: Trapped in OPO Debugger

From: Mike Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/07/08

In article <Randy-0607961842220001_at_news.earthlink.net>, Randy_at_Pensive.Org (Randall Gellens) wrote:

> I must be missing something very simple, but often when running a form in
> design mode, the form vanishes (usually after an error of some kind, or if
> a method calls HideWindow). I am then unable to get back to design
> mode. If I click on the stop execution icon, the debug window closes, but
> I'm in limbo. Under Windows, the windows are there, but greyed out. I've
> searched the manuals and on-line help, but this must be something so basic
> everyone is expected to know it (or I am just missing it) because I can't
> find anything about this. Help!

Just another bug, I think. A similar thing happens to me, though not with HideWindow, and the form doesn't disappear. I get stuck where clicking commit, rollback, or stop has no effect. If there's a development window visible I can usually click on it and get back to dev, but I still need to force quit and restart for things to be happy again. The solution is to figure out what you're doing wrong and stop doing it. I don't know of any HideWindow bugs - can you give more details?

Mike Kranzdorf              mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust        http://www.krt.com
Oracle Power Objects FAQ http://www.krt.com/mac/opofaq.html Received on Mon Jul 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message