Re: Copy, Embed OPO Forms

From: Mike Kranzdorf <mikek_at_krt.com>
Date: 1996/07/08

In article <Randy-0607962039010001_at_news.earthlink.net>, Randy_at_Pensive.Org (Randall Gellens) wrote:

> The OPO manual says that forms can be embedded, for example in another
> form. But neither the book nor the on-line help says how to do this. I
> tried dragging a form onto another, but it doesn't go. I tried copying
> the form, which the manual says can be done, but it can't. The manual
> says just select the form in the application window, and click the copy
> button, or select edit-copy. But there is no copy button, and edit-copy
> is grey. So is edit-cut. Only edit-clear is available, and that is not
> what I want.

Yes, this is misleading - I had the same confusion. Classes are forms, and you can just drag a class onto a form. So you can create the form you want to embed as a class, then drag that onto another form. The only way (that I know) to embed a non-class form onto a form is to make a container object on form A, open form B, select all the items and copy them, then paste into the container on form A. Not really embedding a form, but you don't have to make a class to do it.

> I'm afraid the OPO manual and on-line help leave much to be desired, at
> least for a novice such as myself. What would be a good manual that
> explains how to do things in detail? I've seen recommendations for a
> "Teach Yourself OPO in xx Days" book -- is that good for this, or would
> something else be better?

It's a pretty good book. Have a look at my FAQ for more info.

Mike Kranzdorf              mikek_at_krt.com
Kranzco Realty Trust        http://www.krt.com
Oracle Power Objects FAQ http://www.krt.com/mac/opofaq.html Received on Mon Jul 08 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message