Re: Question about "Croning an Export" ...

From: Grace McCalman, Box 524, Trent University, Peterborough, <gmccalman_at_ivory.trentu.ca>
Date: 1996/07/06

In article <bpuett-3006962320130001_at_greenvillesc-201.interpath.net>, bpuett_at_interpath.com (Brad Puett) writes:
>I want an Export to occur each night before they run their backups ...
>The problem is that I've tried it and, for some reason, it asks for a
>password, even
>though I've supplied it (via the USERID parm) in a parm file ... I
>"/apps/oracle/product/7.1.6/bin/exp parfile="Database_Export.par"

Hi Brad,

   we do croned exports of two databases too. you have to remember to put the ORACLE_SID in the script that you are running. or simply do a shell script call to the oracle 'profile' that sets up your oracle environment for the users. Cron will run in its own shell so you can't assume any environment variables.

grace