Re: Question about "Croning an Export" ...

From: Daryl Peh Boon Chai <darylpeh_at_ncb.gov.sg>
Date: 1996/07/04

How about trying :

exp userid/password parfile="Database_Export.par"

Daryl

Brad Puett (bpuett_at_interpath.com) wrote:
: I'm a consultant at a shop here in South Carolina ... I've pretty much
: got their shop
: in order, so that I can go on to my next job ... The one thing I don't have:

: I want an Export to occur each night before they run their backups ...
: That way,
: (becuase of the way I've set up the backups), they will have both their
: data in normal
: form (i.e. dbf and control files) and in data form (in case their
: structure would

: "screq" up, they still won't lose any data!) So I'd like to cron a Export
: job to run
: automatically every night before the backups ...

: The problem is that I've tried it and, for some reason, it asks for a
: password, even
: though I've supplied it (via the USERID parm) in a parm file ... I
: execute it a follows:

: "/apps/oracle/product/7.1.6/bin/exp parfile="Database_Export.par"

: and I've even tried it by putting the userid on the outside ...

: ANY suggestions?! Please!!

: --
: ---
: Brad Puett
: bpuett_at_interpath.com

PEH BOON CHAI , DARYL                                    \,`/ /
IT ANALYST                                              _)..  `_
NATIONAL COMPUTER BOARD            	               ( __  -\
PRIME MINISTER'S OFFICE                                    '`.
COMPUTER INFORMATION SYSTEMS DEPARTMENT                   < \>
email : darylpeh_at_ncb.gov.sg                               _||_~
Tel   : 65-3238098   Fax : 65-3239026