Re: HELP! ORACLE Reports Question

From: Per Brondum <pbrondum_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 1996/07/06

Diana Grooms wrote:

> I have a report with 4 formulas. If I take out the formulas, I can run
> as any user - no problem. If I add the formulas, I can run only as the
> user who generated the report in the first place. Attempts to run it
> otherwise give the following:
>
> REP-0735 Unable to load DE Program Unit. Will attempt to load PL/SQL
> source text. Make sure you are connected to a database.
>
> Followed by:
>
> REP-0736 There exist uncompiled program units.
>
> Have developed many reports previously with formulas and have never
> run into this before. We recently upgraded from Designer/Developer 1.2
> to 1.2a, if that matters.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Diana Grooms
> Louisville Water Company
> Louisville, KY

Check to see if you are referencing a source (TABLE) in your PL/SQL that is owned by that particular user. Typically that is the case.

BTW, if that is the case and you are hitting the database a lot, you might want to consider moving the functionality to a stored procedure, possibly resulting in better performance.

If your functions are not referencing table's let me know !

--
Per Brondum
Developer/2000