Re: Cross-Platform Report Writer?

From: AJ Musgrove <musgrove_at_varmm.com>
Date: 1996/07/02

Frans Bosman (_at_pi.net) wrote:
: My college has written himself a strong report-writer which uses a c-like
: script language. It has been written in C and can be used againt Ingres
: on VaxVms and on odbc on a PC.
: It is not graphic at all.
: If you are interressted I can send you some examples of the script.

: greetings
: fbosman_at_tref.nl

Oh, and what I forgot to say in my last message. I notice you didn't mention UNIX/Sybase. If it's a decent program, I would be willing to work on a port for that (with generic interfaces for changeovers to Oracle, etc). I could really use a simple report writer.

Which brings me to a good questions. Why is it when software gets more complex, bigger, and slower, companies refer to it as a upgrade. Why can't they make it simplier and remove all the space wasting and issue confusing "features" they found people don't use?

--
AJ Musgrove

My opinions do not necessarily reflect those of MFS, or anyone
else for that matter. O-