Re: The extent about tablespace

From: Dick Allie <dallie_at_ionet.net>
Date: 1996/07/02

HORSE wrote:

> Can someone give me some clue about how to determine the size of
> tablespace extent. Do you also conside extent wrap or not. I know
> how to calculate the table's, but not tablespace. Also If there are
> three tables(1M, 2M, 3M) going to store on this tablespace. What's
> the initial extent size for. Thanks,

The initial and next extent parameters on creating a tablespace are used as defaults for tables being created in the tablespace at a latter time. You can use initial and next options on the create table statement that specify different size tables. If the initial and/or next are not used in the create table statement then the initial and/or next values on the tablespace are used.

Hope this answers your question.

Dick Allie Received on Tue Jul 02 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message