Re: Cross-Platform Report Writer?

From: David Upham <npis_at_hntp2.hinet.net>
Date: 1996/06/24

In article <31cac229.6554274_at_news.demon.co.uk>, scoates_at_eurobase.demon.co.uk says...

>I'm currently looking for a cross platform Report Writer that our
>programmers can use to create reports for our system. I'm NOT after a
>Windows based GUI reporter but a server based report programming
 language
>that can reside on NT and UNIX (AIX, HP/UX, Dynix) and can talk to most
>RDBMS's (Oracle, MS-SQLServer,CA-Ingres).
>
>I'd be grateful if anyone can point me in the right direction if they're
>using such a beast at the moment.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Stu...!
>
>--
>Stuart Coates (scoates_at_eurobase.demon.co.uk) Phone:+44 1245 496706
>Eurobase Systems Ltd (http://www.eurobase.co.uk) Fax: +44 1245 496708

We use SQR. SQR has vesions for most DBMSs available in DOS, Windows, NT, Unix, and others. It is definitely for production reports (not ad-hoc end-user generated reports)ยก_at_as it has its own reporting language. For 3GL programmers it is easy to learn and use. It can just about build and report that you can think of.

We build reports on Windows that are then executed from VB applications. We also use SQR on Unix with Sybase. The execution time for complex reports is much better then the Sybase Report Workbench.

--
David Upham
Nan Pao Information Systems, Inc.