Re: Generating in Des/2000

From: <richu_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 1996/06/23

In article <4qk13t$ei6_at_helios.man.lublin.pl> party_at_apollo.umcs.lublin.pl (Piotr A. Szczygielski) writes:
>From: party_at_apollo.umcs.lublin.pl (Piotr A. Szczygielski)
>Subject: Generating in Des/2000
>Date: 23 Jun 1996 18:06:53 GMT

>Hi all.

>I have a few questions about generating and regenerating in Designer/2000.
>I put a module into Module Data Diagrammer and I generate a form.
>Then in the same diagrammer I change something - for example some display
>attributes - and try to regenerate the form. It proceeds fine but
>there are no changes in executable form. I can't believe it's impossible
You may need to consolidate your changes with the repository first...since your module data diagrammer is actually a visual extension of whats exactly in the repository

>Last (I hope :-) ) one. Where can I set default font that can be used
>to write background texts on my generated form ? I took a look to
>the Preferences Navigator but I don't know this tool good enough
>so I weren't able to find. Or maybe it's not connected to Prefs Nav...
Hmmm I could've sworn this was a preference setting, if you cannot absolutely findit in the myriad of preferences, I'd bet its in the templates you use.

>Ok. Three is enough. If the answer is RTFM just say which manual
>I should read or where to search. Unfortunately in Des/2000 Manuals
>there are just the most simple solutions.
Unfortunately, learning DES2k is on-the-project training, I know people who have taken the courses on DES2k who have not gotten much out of them aside of the course booklets. This product is simply too complex to squeeze into week-size courses. And on top of that, some people really need to take a few courses in DATA MODELLING to learn to use it properly and then adapt to CASE Received on Sun Jun 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message