Re: Dynamic Menus on Forms 4.5

From: Lee Levy <levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au>
Date: 1996/06/23

In article <4qjrht$dhh_at_info.forthnet.gr>, geotri_at_aurora.eexi.gr (George Rose) says:

>Does anyone knows if there is a way to implement dynamic menus in
>Forms 4.5 and how?
>
>My application needs to read menu items from a database table and
>adjust the menu accordingly (append or delete)

My first suggestion would be to create a custome menu, determine the maximum number of menu items that you would possibly want to have, create that many menu items, and then use SET_MENU_ITEM_PROPERTY(<id>,LABEL,<value>) at runtime to set it up and disable those menu items which arent used. The work out the code to run dynaically from the table

Havent tried it, apart from disabling menu options which arent current, but it should be complex, but perfectly doable.

HIH
Lee

  Lee Levy, ISSD Technical Dream Team, Del Code (34)   BHP Information Technology, ACN 006 476 213   PO Box 261, Warrawong, NSW 2502, Australia   PH: +61 42 75-5485 Fax: -5500 Tie: 8855-   Internet : levy.lee.ls_at_bhp.com.au

Opinions expressed are mostly my own, so give me some credit. Received on Sun Jun 23 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message