Re: Generating in Des/2000

From: Jacek Dobosz <jdob_at_ping.at>
Date: 1996/06/24

On 23 Jun 1996 18:06:53 GMT, party_at_apollo.umcs.lublin.pl (Piotr A. Szczygielski) wrote:

>Hi all.
>
>I have a few questions about generating and regenerating in Designer/2000.
>
>I put a module into Module Data Diagrammer and I generate a form.
>Then in the same diagrammer I change something - for example some display
>attributes - and try to regenerate the form. It proceeds fine but
>there are no changes in executable form. I can't believe it's impossible
>so I have to do something wrong. Any hints ?

Try to generate it again, don't regenerate. The regeneration process could be used to incorporate the changes in the repository after the form was modified with the Oracle Forms Designer.

>Second problem. When I create SQL DDL I create come tables. Then I change
>a definition of any entity, let's say I add an attribute. When I try
>to generate SQL DDL for this table I always have command
>create table XXX
>instead of
>alter table XXX
>Not always I can just drop table XXX and then create it again. So how
>to obtain generated script with the command 'alter table...' ?

After changing the data model ( Entity, attributes, relationsships ) you must first populate the changes to the database design ( Tables, colums, keys, views ). It can be done with database design wizard or manualy. After that you can use reconcile utility to generate the alter table DDL statements. ( it works only for very simple changes )

>Last (I hope :-) ) one. Where can I set default font that can be used
>to write background texts on my generated form ? I took a look to
>the Preferences Navigator but I don't know this tool good enough
>so I weren't able to find. Or maybe it's not connected to Prefs Nav...

The best way ist to change the property of visual attribute(s) in template

hope this helps

jacek Received on Mon Jun 24 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message