Re: DATABASE RECOVERY !!!! HELP!!! DBA s

From: Shankar Ramanathan <srnathan_at_amoco.com>
Date: 1996/06/05

Hi,

Thank you for all of you who responded very quickly. However looks like i did not state my situation right.

I did recover the database. ;-)))

Situation.

I have a cold backup of , control file, datafile and all other files except the redo log files (after the database is shutdown). I did have a redo log file copy, an hour earlier. Also i had the redo logs intact when one of the disk crashed.

Now after several attempts of recovery , i figured if i some how tell oracle to create a new control file and forget about the redo i will be OK.

That is exactly what i did.

  1. Startup mount.
  2. alter database backup controlfile trace.
  3. Edit the latest trace (this is a create controlfile script).
  4. _at_trace_file.
  5. Shutdown normal.
  6. startup.
  7. I am back in business!!!

Refer the bulletin board article 1012929.6:

However i was lucky because this is a cold backup and not much activity bettween the backup and the crash.

I would recomend copying the redo log files also, strongly otherwise the backup is useless.

Thanks again for every one who responded... Received on Wed Jun 05 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message