Re: Transformation of object modells to relational structures

From: Steve Long <answers_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: 1996/06/05

In <4p2lo6$q9v_at_wormer.fn.net> keystrk_at_feist.com (Jack L. Swayze Sr.) writes:

>answers_at_ix.netcom.com(Steve Long) wrote:
>
>>Mario,

>>An object model is just an ERD with functions added to it.
>>Use stored procedures.
>
>Anyone who says the above doesn't understand the diversity of OO.
>Smalltalk-like (or Lisp-like) OO is as different from ER-modeling as
>Aristotle was from Plato (and my selection of Greek philosophers has a
>very relevant meaning here).
>
>Your statement is true for shellaor-mellor OO, but that style of OO
>has less of a success ratio of being implemented.

>'Keystroke'
>KeystrkTX_at_AOL.COM

Or is it that you do not understand ERDs? Hmmm...It is sufficient for a counter example to disprove and assertion, but an example is not sufficient to prove an assertion. So I leave you the easier task.

Can you substantiate your statement? Provide an object model that is not equivalent to an ERD with an extention of adding methods as a counter example and your statement will have more merit than mere opinion.

Steve
804-262-6332