Re: Please advise: off-site support with hummingbird

From: Stephen Tyson <tyson_at_voicenet.com>
Date: 1996/05/25

In article <dsmith.108.000B6091_at_gulfaero.com>, dsmith_at_gulfaero.com says...

>I am purchasing Hummingbird's version 5 PC X server software with
>Xpress async.

>I will be using the Toshiba for on-site and off-site support of our Oracle
>database servers which are HP and IBM unix boxes.

>Does anybody have any experience running this type of setup ?
>At the office or for off-site ? Using Hummingbird ?
We use Hummingbird X servers on NT to connect to a Solaris box. The only problem we've had so far is that Developer/2000 would coredump when running the layout editor in both Forms and Reports. The work around is to disable the andrew fonts for the X server.

Note that we got the work around to this from Hummingbird, NOT Oracle. Oracle support wouldn't so much as look at the core dump file. So if you run into problems, Oracle's attitude will be "Screw you, we don't support it!" (Phrased more politely, of course :-)) Received on Sat May 25 1996 - 00:00:00 CEST

Original text of this message